Roi Et - Clowning with the kids - 2ND WEEK - Day 6

Day 6 (Monday, October 20, 2008)
Interesting the different dynamic of the different groups. First group less focus, and a bit less engaged and/or some much more shy. Have to really encourage them to play and do the exercises. Some girls do not want to do the acrobatics, even the simple rolls. They sit in the back. A few of them embarrassed that they can't do it well. Finally I take one mat over to them. Invite them to come participate. Coax them, take by hand. Friendly, jokingly, gently. Come! You can do it! And they come! Great. With a little coaxing they go ahead and do it and have fun with it, too. They just needed some individual attention and encouragement.

The second group (same age) is much more gung-ho, and when I bring out the stilts and ask who wants to try, all the hands shoot up, me me me!

No comments: