Clowning at Angkor Wat

Since I had a few days before starting my workshops at Phare Ponleu Selpak in Battambang, I decided to go see Angkor Wat, the enormous temple compound outside Siem Reap. A must for anyone going to Cambodia. There I took the opportunity to clown around with the poor children who run around the temples desperately selling trinkets to tourists. Along with me was Erin Nicholson with her hoolahoop (who had been working with children on a related project in Sangklaburi in Thailand).



'Mon', or "Mr. Cool", a natural.


When I first saw him, Mon was drawing in the sand.


'Mah', for whom we bought breakfast (rice and eggs, and banana),
or else she wouldn't eat. Which she then shared with her friends.









In the ancient days of Angkor Wat's heyday, they had circus too!

November 7, 2008

No comments: